Awards submissions now open for SPIA Asia 2018, Asia’s Premier Sports Industry Event
5 July, 2018
Asia’s leading sports conference and awards platform, SPIA Asia – Asia’s Sports Industry Awards & Conference, is now open for award submissions. Welcoming submissions from 43 countries, SPIA Asia 2018 recognizes and celebrates Asia’s Top 10 in 21 distinct awards categories with Gold, Silver and Bronze being awarded to the best performers.
Past award winners range from the Australian Open and HSBC Women’s Champions in Singapore to Funtastic Subic Bay in the Philippines, the Red Bull Air Race World Championships in Abu Dhabi and the Standard Chartered KL Marathon, with brands such as Adidas and sports agencies Lagardère Sports and IMG also celebrating wins.
Organized by MMC Sportz, SPIA Asia 2018 is held 19 & 20 November at Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld, and incorporates the “The Business of Sports – Asia’s Sports Industry in the Fast Lane IV”, a two-day sports business conference which brings together the top regional opinion leaders from federations, rights holders, agencies, organizers, brands and government agencies. Over 40 international speakers will lead the panel discussions, keynote speeches, workshops and networking events on the following topics:
- The business of football in Asia;
- Inclusion and gender equality related to women’s team sports;
- Bitcoin and crypto currencies entering sports;
- Post event topics related to the FIFA World Cup and Asian Games, and outlook to the Rugby World Cup, Olympics and SEA Games;
- eSports and eSports leagues;
- Tourism and sports; and
- Sport and technology, OTT, etc.
The conference is the build up to the eagerly anticipated black-tie Awards Gala night with over 400 guests and VIP’s from around the world of sports attending.
Awards submissions are free. For more information, visit http://www.spiaasia.com/submissions.
“SPIA Asia 2018 is set to be the biggest yet with sports events, federations, businesses and brands across 43 countries vying for 21 awards, and more than 350 delegates attending what has become the definitive meeting place and annual conference for the sports industry in Asia. Awards submissions are now open, and with sports booming in the region I expect SPIA Asia set a new benchmark of more than 450 extremely competitive submissions. I’m also excited to announce our strategic partnership with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) which will see two of their awards categories integrated into SPIA Asia for the very first time,” commented Mr. Eric M. Gottschalk, CEO of MMC Sportz, organizer of SPIA Asia – Asia’s Sports Industry Awards & Conference.
SPIA Asia 2018 Awards Categories are as follows:
- Asian Categories (x14): Best International Sporting Event of the Year; Best Global Sports Organization Operating in Asia; Best Sports Tourism Destination of the Year; Best Sports Digital Platform of the Year; Best Mass Participation Event of the Year; Best Sponsorship of a Sport, Team, Individual or Event in Asia > US$250,000; Best Integrated Marketing Campaign for a Sports Event; Best Sports CSR Initiative of the Year; Best Sports Marketing Agency of the Year; Best Youth Sports Development Program of the Year; Best eSports Event of the Year; Best Women’s Team Sports Event of the Year; Best Inspiring Football League of the Year by the AFC; Best Developing Football League of the Year by the AFC.
- Thai Categories (x4): Best Sport Event Venue or Facility in Thailand; Best Youth Sports Development Program in Thailand; Best Sponsorship of a Sport, Team or Event in Thailand > US$100,000; Best Mass Participation Event of the Year in Thailand.
- Public Voting Categories (x3): Best Live Experience at a Sporting Event; Best Sportswear Brand of the Year; Best International Sporting Event of the Year voted by Sports Media.
- Achievement Category: SPIA Asia Lifetime Achievement Award.
Submissions close on 21st September. Following an initial round of judging, Asia’s Top 10 finalists will be announced at a press conference in Bangkok on 9th October and filmed live to SPIA Asia’s Twitter live stream. The short-listed entries will then undergo further rigorous judging after which the winners are sealed and remain secret until announced live at the black-tie Awards Gala on 20th November.
“The simple but very transparent judging process is impartial and thorough, involving 36 industry experts from all over Asia with the final round taking place on the opening day of SPIA Asia in Bangkok. The standard of award submissions is always exceptional and when the Top 10 performers in each category are called out and the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners receive their recognition trophies on 20th November, all will have earned the right to call themselves the best of the best in Asia,” added Mr. Gottschalk.
SPIA Asia brings together the governing bodies, federations, agencies, rights holders, brands and organizations which strongly contribute and positively influence the landscape of sport in Asia. Organized by MMC Sportz, SPIA Asia is endorsed by Thailand’s Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Sports Authority of Thailand, Tourism Authority of Thailand and the Asian Football Confederation.
SPIA Asia 2018 is also proud to announce the following entities which have already pledged their partnership support to SPIA Asia 2018: Lagardère Sports, SMG Insight, Sponsorium, SRI while long term local PR Agency Infinity Communications and The Sponsorship Experts (marketing partner and local organizer) are back on board for a third year.
For more information on submissions, conference program, delegate passes and Awards Gala ticket sales, visit www.spiaasia.com.